The CVBBA (Carolinas-Virginia Business Brokers Association) takes pride in honoring the best in the business brokerage industry.
We are excited to launch the 2021 CVBBA Member Excellence Program!
We hope that you will consider being a part of a club that recognizes successful business brokerage professionals.
Each winner will be awarded with a plaque and an email signature and will be recognized for their achievements at the annual CVBBA conference in Charlotte, NC on September 21-23, 2022.
To qualify for an award, the applicant must be a current active CVBBA member DURING THE 2021 CALENDAR YEAR
Our awards are based on two categories:
Million Dollar Award
- This award will be awarded to individual broker applicants who closed one or more qualified business deals* and associated real estate transactions totaling at least $1 million in total Purchase Price during the 2021 calendar year.
Multi-Million Dollar Award
- This award will be awarded to individual broker applicants who closed one or more qualified business deals* and associated real estate transactions totaling to $2 million and above in total Purchase Price during the 2021 calendar year.
- All submissions must be received by July 6, 2022.
- *A qualified business brokerage deal is defined as a going concern that is subject to the filing of federal income tax on the goods and/or services it sells.
- If a deal is co-brokered, each applicant will be given half credit for the deal.
- Real Estate Property will be included only if it is sold or leased with a business and the broker is licensed.
- Transactions will be attributed only to the Primary Intermediary that is defined as the broker directly responsible for managing the transaction.
How to Enter
To enter the 2021 CVBBA Member Excellence Awards Program, please follow these steps:
- Complete the online CVBBA Member Awards Application
- Upload a Closing Statement (redacting the buyer, seller and address) for each deal and associated real estate in 2021, OR a Deal Attestation Form which can include the TOTAL of all business and associated real estate sales in 2021.